Getting to Know Dr. Rudy Izzard
Dr. Izzard was inspired from a young age to be a dentist. Science always fascinated him and his family dentist was a dear friend who mentored him.
At UT he received a bachelor’s in biology with a minor in biochemistry. Then he continued his studies at Baylor College of Dentistry and has also taken numerous advanced training courses in dental implants. Dr. Izzard has now been a dentist for over 20 years.
He has had a practice at Lakeway Dentistry since the start of 2012. He enjoys the Austin area’s friendly people and its variety of cultural venues, such as music and dining.
He loves spending time with his wonderful wife of 30 years, Janice. They have a daughter, Allyn, who lives in New York City and a son, John Evan, in college. When he isn’t in the office Dr. Izzard loves to play with his two dogs: a Beagle and a Cocker Spaniel. He also enjoys exercising, golf, hunting and fishing.
Dr. Izzard’s lifelong passion for dentistry with a focus on dental implants, matched with his heart for helping others, makes him the best Austin dentist for your implant needs.
Advanced Training Courses in Dental Implants:
- UT Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, Certificate for Completion of Preceptorship
- University of California at San Francisco, Certificate for Completion of Preceptorship
- The Zimmer Institute in California, Certificate for Advanced Implant Training
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA)
- Member of the American Dental Association